A statement from the Central Council of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan
The Central Council of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan issued a statement at the end of its expanded meeting in the presence of a joint delegation from Kirkuk and Khanaqin centers consisting of Aso Mamand, Khalid Shwani, and Muhsin Ali Akbar.
According to the statement, after PUK’s decision, the party is preparing for three changes and important matters related to the future of the Patriotic Union and the future of the people of the Kurdistan Region in general, namely:
1- Preparation for a successful renewal Congress bringing PUK together.
2 - Preparing for the elections of the provincial councils in Kirkuk and other disputed areas of Kurdistan.
3 - The matter of conducting a general census and its impact on the future and fate of the people of Kurdistan in Kirkuk, Khanaqin, Khurmatu, Makhmour, Plain of Nineveh, and Sinjar. These important matters place a new duty on the shoulders of the PUK leadership, so we call for:
* All leading comrades to hold the Congress on time with a common spirit and a will, and for this, we call upon the Higher Committees and the Sub-Committees to carry out their duties within the period set for them.
* This phase requires the PUK to maintain within its all comrades cooperation and coordination more than any time to make the Congress a success.
* The official message of the PUK to the political parties and the formation of a joint list in Kirkuk and other regions proved the fact that the PUK and for the public interest and stability of the people of the Kurdistan Region always puts the highest interests of the people of Kurdistan before the party interests.
* The interest of the people of Kurdistan in Kirkuk requires speedy implementation of the political agreement between the PUK and the PDK and to appoint a Kurdish governor to Kirkuk before the holding of provincial elections.
* All Kurdish political forces and parties in Kirkuk and the disputed areas should put all their efforts with a common will as a team so that the interest of the people of Kurdistan in those areas is reserved during the general census. For this, the Kurdish media should have a positive role in encouraging the indigenous citizens in those areas to come to Kirkuk and other areas on the day of the census, because this census is crucial and determines the future of those areas.
In conclusion, we reaffirm the fact that the Central Council will always remain the protector of stability within the PUK and devotes all its efforts to hold a successful Congress.
Finally, President Mam Jalal says: (Our survival, prosperity, and sovereignty, is linked to the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan).
PUKmedia \ PUK’s Central Council